TITLE: 3810 North River Road Rezoning - Consider a request to rezone the property located at 3810 North River Road from CB Commercial Business to LI Light Industrial APPLICATION SUMMARY: The owner of the Lincoln Cabinets, located at 3810 N. River Road, is requesting that the business and land be rezoned from the current zoning of Commercial Business to the Light Industrial District. The area of land encompassed by the request is approximately 1.26 acres in size. According to the applicant’s letter of intent “the classification of Light Industrial zone is better suited for the business being conducted at 3810 N. River Road.”Advertisment
SITE HISTORY: The site of the requested rezoning was never subdivided. It was annexed into the Town in 1981 along with land to the east and west. The existing 5,000 square foot building was constructed on the site in 1965 or sixteen years prior to the annexation. The exterior of the building is industrial in nature constructed with corrugated metal walls and roof. The current owner purchased the building in 2007 from Georgia’s Peaches, LLC and building permits were issued in 2008 to convert the fruit cooler, which it served as originally, to a cabinet making shop. In 2010, permits were issued to install a 26.2 KW solar array on top of the existing building. The most recent building permit was issued in 2015 to convert interior storage space to office space. The owner of the building expressed the desire to rezone the property in the event the business expands in the future. At the time the area was annexed into the town, no industrial zoning was designated for any areas of the Town. The area was originally zoned as B-2 Business and was replaced by the CB Commercial Business District in 2008 with the adoption of the new Land Development Code. Although the 2007 Comprehensive Plan supported industrial uses for several parts of the Town, including areas adjoining this land, no areas were actually zoned Light Industrial after the LI District was established in 2008. Light Industrial zoning has since been established for the Stump Industrial Park to the east. Surrounding development includes a small building of approximately 1,500 square feet to the east constructed in 1942, and a larger warehousing building to the west that houses the Food Bank of the Rockies. The Food Bank building includes an area of approximately 28,580 square feet. The building, which was originally constructed in 1972, was upgraded and the site was improved in 2012 when the land and building were transferred to the Food Bank. Other development within the same block includes an industrial style metal building of approximately 8,000 square feet constructed in 1951 and a warehouse of approximately 6,184 square feet constructed in 1941 that remains outside the Town Limits. ACTION REQUESTED: The requested action of the Planning Commission is to make a recommendation to the Board of Trustees on the application to zone the land at 3810 N. River Road (Parcel 2037-091-00-106) from CB Commercial Business to LI Light Industrial. The Board of Trustees will hear the application at a public hearing scheduled for April 25, 2017.
In an effort to be an unbiased source of information, all text in this summary comes directly from government resources.